Wow! It has been a long time since I have been able to update the blog! We did not have fast enough internet to do updates this summer. We only had a hotspot set up on our phones but the service out here is spotty and s-l-o-w!
There are a TON of pictures on here. I had a hard time choosing what to post and what to leave out.
One big event of the summer...Carson learned out to ride his bike without training wheels on Fathers Day! We did the trick where you take the pedels off for a couple weeks and then put them back on. It worked awesome! He took right off and NO wrecks!!! Yay!!!
As many of you know, Minot experienced a terrible 100 year flood this summer. Here is a picture of one of the roads that was flooded out. This picture is taken a couple days before the big water came. We left town during the bad part of the flood because we were worried about getting land locked at our camper and it is pretty hard to pack enough supplies in a 27 foot camper for a family of 4 :)
Fourth of July! We had fireworks at the camper for 3 nights! FUN! There is also a family that makes fireworks across the valley behind us and he shoots them off all summer long. The kids (and of course me) love it!
Zoo in Bismarck (I can really tell how much Whitney has changed over the summer when I look at this picture)
Framing
Home Sweet Home...this was our set up. We lived here for 6 months
Carson swimming lessons in Velva
Yay! It finally looks like a house!
Materi Annual Family Reunion at Mallo Camp
Whitney with the "big" girls
Sweet Wyatt was so nice and let Carson borrow his fishing pole a lot at Mallo. Thanks little buddy!
Whitney hanging with Savannah and Sophie :)
Carson and Reece
Big Horns.....ahhhhhh Love it!
Picnic at the camper!
Back of the house....we call it the Tower of Power :) Hopefully this summer we will be able to put a deck on back here.
First Day of Pre-School
Thought I better put a picture of Cody and I :) This was in Spearfish on date night with the Silbaughs!
Our first night in the new house was the night before Carson's birthday! The house wasn't finished yet but we could finally sleep there. We still had to cook at the camper. It was getting too cold to stay in the camper any longer, so we moved into the upstairs while the rest was getting finished.
Carson is 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carson wanted to go to Space Aliens for dinner.
The kitchen
Thanksgiving :)
Tom and Liz came up for Thanksgiving and Liz made Christmas cookies with the kids.
Snow
Putting up the Christmas Tree
Carson is doing a really good job writing his name. He was so excited to wrap Whitneys birthday presents and put his name on them :)
Birthday Girl!!! Whitney is 2!!!!!!!!!!!
So excited!!
Finally a picture of the outside with the brick done!!
Carsons pre-school holiday program
Sledding at Grammies
Christmas at Uncle Ron and Aunt Penny's
Christmas Eve
Whitney and Houston
Bike from Santa
Carson was soooo excited for Christmas this year!!!
One thing about living in ND I have never seen so many sunrises! The suns doesn't not come up until about 8:40 AM (in December), so I see this every morning as I am drinking my coffee.
Border States got all the employees tickets to the UND Hockey game in Grand Forks for New Years Eve. Carson really liked it and Whitney loved all the lights and fireworks that went off when they scored a goal.
Hummm.....not sure how these pictures ended up down here, they are out of order.
Here is Nana going on a walk with the kids up at our house.
Burrr...if I remember right it was pretty cold that day!!!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to 2012 and I promise to be better about updating the blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment